About The Aerial
The Aerial is a transformational, all-inclusive private island resort in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). The Aerial serves as the meeting space for thought-leaders around the world to connect and share best practices for solving global issues. We believe that, by uniting these teams, we can accelerate positive transformation as well as provide an avenue for other change-makers to host their summits in a sacred and inspiring space.
The Aerial BVI is part of the Aerial Group, a global transformations and innovations firm. Founded in 2009 by CEO Britnie Turner, our mission is to Elevate People and Places through empowering people, sustaining the planet, and utilizing capitalism as a force for good.
The Aerial is a 45-acre island that accommodates up to 24 guests in 12 gorgeous residences and hosts several beautiful shared spaces including our infinity pool, Yoga Balance platform, BVI Stronger outdoor gym, Watersports cabana and beach lounge, Fellowship Dining Hall, spa, and island hiking trails, as well as plenty of sun-drenched nooks around the island.
We’re looking for driven and impactful rock stars who want to use their skills to be a force for good! Everything we do, from the smallest task to every guest interaction, is in service of our mission to solve world issues. By helping us provide an elevating experience for our world-changing clientele and their causes, you will be part of an incredible international movement.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day operational aspects of the island’s maintenance team. They are a problem solver and passionate about finding solutions to ensure the guests are safe and comfortable during their stay. They are responsible for the proper maintenance of the island’s technical plants, engineering facilities, all electrical and mechanical equipment, kitchen equipment, controls, fire safety systems, all kitchen areas, back of house and communal areas, gym and spa back of house facilities, interior and exterior of the entire island and other items pertaining to the operation of the island. They will establish and supervise preventative maintenance programmes for areas of responsibility, and to oversee contractor projects when external assistance is required for maintenance and project purposes. They are also responsible for ensuring that the cost of work carried out by the department is contained within the appropriate budget, and will take responsibility for the employment of contractors and their compliance to the island rules and regulations while performing repairs and maintenance work. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for providing a 7-day per week shift schedule for the maintenance team and the on-call schedule.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant trade qualifications from an accredited organization/agency
- 5 Years Experience working as a manager in a 5-star establishment
- Previous experience working as a Maintenance Manager or in a similar role including team management
- Working with and maintaining sustainable energy systems including solar power, wind generators and RO plants
- Both hands-on and administrative experience and experience overseeing projects in the maintenance field
- Experience managing maintenance management systems, maintenance schedules and building handbooks for internal reference
- Able to read and oversee the implementation of MEP drawings
- Able to provide reports and updates as projects develop
- Able to explain issues and resolutions in layman terms to homeowner when required
- Demonstrate Preventative Maintenance experience
- Clean driver’s license (BVI driver’s license needs to be in place by end of probation period)
- Experience working at a remote/self-sufficient property, working with all aspects required to run a property a plus
- Working in a company with focus on health/wellness/nutrition is a plus
- Previous experience working in a Caribbean environment a plus
We’re looking for:
- Extroverted, fun and highly motivated team players with a high degree of attention to detail
- Resourceful approach with the ability to troubleshoot when necessary and performing gracefully under pressure
- Forward-thinker with an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Confident and assertive in running a team, acting as a mentor and manager through strong instruction and coaching skills
- Organized and able to plan and manage complex logistical challenges
- Passion and pride in their work
- Able to work with and accommodate different cultures
- Socially confident, excellent communicator with professional guest service skills
- High sense of responsibility with regard to safety issues
- Passion for a healthy lifestyle and keen to learn about health and wellness
Package & Benefits:
- Minimum 12-month contract (subject to work permit approval)
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus will be awarded on an annual basis based on company and job performance (upon successfully passing 4 month probation period)
- Island service charge and gratuities (at guest discretion)
- 15 days paid holiday per year and public holidays
- Accommodation/accommodation allowance provided
- Meals/ food provided for while on shift
- Initial flights from the country of residence (and return at end of contract) if relevant
- Gym membership allowance
- Headspace and Audible subscription
- Medical cover
- …and being part of an incredible and inspiring environment that is solving world issues!